Hello All, NCT has a temporary or consultancy opportunity within it’s Operations Directorate for a Volunteering Strategy Manager. Having recently gone through a period of organisational change, NCT will be looking to recruit a permanent Volunteer Manager in the near future but would initially like someone to be involved on an interim basis (approx 3 months tbc) to oversee some current operational needs while identifying and implementing the procedures, tools and support that NCT’s volunteers need on a strategic level in order support us to meet NCT’s 2020 strategy.
The role would be circa £35000 (tbc) Pro-rata. If you are a consultant please let us know your expectations. NCT is based in London w3. I can send a Job Description to those interested but in the meantime, some of the skills required are:
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to build client relationships
- Demonstrable experience of people management and experience of managing through others
- Experience of managing volunteers and working with community groups
- Experience of working or volunteering in an environment dealing with parenting and family issues
- Mediation skills and complaints resolution
- Excellent Organisation and Project Management Skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent understanding and champion of diversity issues
- Experience of delivering training workshops and devising and deliveringshort presentations
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing requirements
- Demonstrates a professional, positive and constructive approach
- Ability to think strategically and to implement organisational plans
- Experience of leading and motivating teams